Sunday, May 15, 2011

No More Questions!!


No More Questions! from StoryCorps on Vimeo.

I'm a huge NPR fan, and I love their StoryCorps series.  I download the podcasts on my iPod and listen when I go for a run.  So it was fun to see this new animated shorts series that they created for some favorite StoryCorps interviews.

I remember listening to this story in particular during one of my runs through Daybreak and laughing out loud...I loved the grandmother's feistiness, and I teared up at the end when her son said that he still sometimes talks to her now.

I'd love to do an interview with some of my loved ones...

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea these even existed. Thanks for thanks for sharing!! It made me laugh... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie,
    In 2007 Story Corps came through to Logan, and I took my took my mom so I could interview her.
    I did so because she had been fighting cancer for about 12 years at the time, and I wanted to get her stories from her.
    My mom passed away recently, and I found the CD.
    You'd like my mom, she went to Air Force basic training at age 31.
    You can check my blogsite and see a posting I made of her, that includes a few photographs I did right before I interviewed her.
    I hope all is well with you and your unit, I know you'll be home soon.
    Hoo Ahh to you!
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother--she sounds like she was a special woman and I would have loved to swap AF Basic Training stories with her. But what a wonderful gift that you were able to interview her and have a record of her voice and memories.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails