Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Anyone up for a run??




I've been feeling a bit in a funk lately...work feels like it has been non-stop between my full time job in recruiting and getting ready to mobilize with my deploying unit...since Bruce has had the surgery and is laid up for awhile, there's a lot of slack that I have to pick up at home (it's so easy to take for granted how much Bru does around here--but I SO appreciate him!)...I've been so busy working (at work and at home) that I haven't really made an effort to get to the gym consistently (which always makes me grouchy!)...and I guess I just have the all-around-in-general-winter-blahs. 

I decided that I needed to do SOMETHING to pick me up...soooo....I'm starting to train for the Salt Lake City Marathon on 17 April.  I've been bummed out that I'll miss the St George Marathon this year since I'll be deployed (I've entered the lottery two years in a row and didn't get selected, so this year was my automatic entry), and I need a goal...something to look forward to.  Thus...the SLC Marathon. 

I'm excited--I've run tons of half marathons, but only one full marathon (and that one was with no training whatsoever...I SO don't recommend that!)  I love having something to look forward to and motivate me to make some time for myself. 

If anyone's up for it, I'd love to have a training partner and someone to share the experience with on April 17th!!

(photo credit)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails