Friday, January 1, 2010

A little bit of what 2010 holds for us...

Okay, family and friends, I know that a lot of you have already heard (either from us or through the grapevine), but our big event in 2010 is that I will be deployed around the June timeframe for a year.  Bruce and I aren't particularly looking forward to being apart for another year, but we know that we have a strong relationship and that we'll make it through. 

My position is a pretty safe admin type of job and I'm going with a really good unit.  I don't have a lot of concrete details and things are always subject to change, but I'll keep everyone as up-to-date as I can. 

I figured that this blog would be a good way to keep everyone in the loop (a) as Bruce and I prepare for me to leave and (b) while I'm deployed as a way to keep in touch.  I'll do my best to be better about getting on here consistently.

The other big event is that Bruce will be heading to Washington DC around March/April (after he's had some time to recuperate from the ankle surgery) to take a new job out there.  The opportunity was too good to pass up and with me deployed for the year, anyway, it made the decision a pretty easy one.

So once again I've learned that my need for making future plans has been trumped by...well....life.  :-)  There's never a dull moment around the Roberts house!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Marie...you're life is WAAAAY too exciting for me! And you go about everything with excitement, patience and faith! Good thing for these blogs because 10 miles is just way too far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Julie--I often think it's too exciting for me, too!! Don't get me wrong--I'm thankful--but I'd love to see something go according to my Excel-spreadsheet-schedule every once in a while! :-) I was just telling Bruce the other day that we HAVE to have you and Will over for dinner and a movie or game night...it's ridiculous that we've moved so close to you guys and we still haven't had a chance to see each other yet--I MISS you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails